It is almost the end of the first quarter and it is shaping up to be an interesting year. Everyone is anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring, longer days, sunshine and time to enjoy the outdoors. Change is in the air!
So…Is this the year that you decide to start your own business?
Most entrepreneurs are looking for the positive energy that comes from jumping out of bed with excitement. A new business venture will certainly create positive mindset and contribute to a new revenue stream that will strike a balance between work and play.
Here is a checklist you may wish to consider as you start your journey which I often refer to as “The Power of 10”:
1. Am I truly passionate about this product or service? Why?
2. How much time per week do I have to “just get started?”
3. What are my entrepreneurial skills?
4. Is this a part-time or full-time venture?
5. Do I have enough savings to pay the bills until I see revenue?
6. Do I have a network of peers that will provide encouragement
or allow me to seek advice?
7. Is this product or service scalable in the future and able to
meet market demand?
8. What are my financial goals?
9. What personal and professional tools do I need to succeed?
10. What are my retirement or succession plans?
This list may seem daunting at first, but when you consider the choices and opportunities available to us as entrepreneurs it will indeed have you thinking about colouring outside the lines.
Taking the time to develop and review your own checklist will give you permission to explore the options that appeal not only to your creativity but wealth and wellbeing.
I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “Go with the FLOW” – What if…your new opportunity helped you clearly define your goals and objectives while creating a sense of wealth and wellbeing? In The Mechanics of FLOW2 we have the tools you may wish to consider as you embark on this new journey.
Let 2018 be the year when you give yourself permission to embark on a new journey of creativity and colour outside the lines.
What is on your list?
Trish Tonaj is an author, coach and speaker sharing stories on mentorship
while creating a culture of wealth and wellbeing. She is the author of Breaking Barriers: 10 Entrepreneurial Women Share Their Stories and A Diary of Change 12 Personal Tools. Visit https://trishtonaj.com/